Logging time on issues requires the Work On Issues for the relevant projects.
Logging time for others requires the Log Work for Others project permission for the relevant projects or the Manage team worklogs permission for the team that the other user is a member of.
The core function of Timesheets is to log time on Jira issues. You can log time from many locations in Timesheets:
- In the My Work Calendar where you can drag and drop issues onto the calendar, create time records on any date, and log time against your planned schedule and external calendar events.
- In the Tempo panel in the Jira issue view. Log time on the issue you're viewing or use a tracker to record the time spent working on the issue.
- In your user timesheet you can click a cell in to add a time record for that date and issue or use the Log Time button. Depending on the permissions you have, you can also view other types of timesheets, where logged time is grouped by, for example, Jira project, team, or customer account.
- Use a shortcut to access the Log Time form. Press w on your keyboard from anywhere in Tempo.
- Log time on the go on your mobile phone by using the Tempo Mobile App for Jira, which is available for iOS and Android.